Monday, March 13, 2023

Just Another Day in Paradise

Today was the first day there has been significant cloud coverage since we have been in the Bahamas, but still the sun came out from time to time, and the temperature was 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The wind has picked up again, blowing 8-10 knots from the south, and the water was choppy--but still beautiful.

Peter was busy with projects such as routine maintenance on the windlass and installation of new electrical outlets. He had to make a dinghy run to town for more hardware, but I chose to remain on board. I lifted weights and danced for exercise in his absence. 

I have spent most of the day reading. (It was a fairly boring day in paradise for me.) I read the second half of the most recent issue of Smithsonian magazine (Beth Ann left it.) and I am currently reading Black Cake (actually listening to it because I can’t get a paper or online copy), and I just finished The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy, which I enjoyed. While I have been listening to Black Cake over the past two days, I colored with colored pencils in my mandala coloring book. I take this amazing works of art(!) and cut them and mount them on card stock to make notecards when I am home.

There was not enough consistent sunlight for good visibility for snorkeling today. We are supposed to have rain (the first of this trip) and 20 knots NE wind on Wednesday, but the barrier islands across Elizabeth Harbour from Great Exuma offer good protection. We moved a bit south today along Stocking Island to anchor off Sand Dollar Beach, where there is less dinghy traffic and the water taxis do run. The move took 15 minutes. Just after we anchored, Pat (of pinochle) came by in his dinghy; he is anchored close to us. We plan to play pinochle on Mantra tomorrow.

Peter didn't get started on installing the new outlets until just before sunset, so dinner was delayed until 9 p.m. since he and his tools and parts were taking up most of the space in the galley. 

Today was so uneventful that there are no photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment